Friday, June 25, 2010

Ponies Softball

After much anticipation and three weeks straight of cancelled practices, Gracie finally had her FIRST, yes FIRST Ponies practice of the summer. The other girls did have two the first week it started, but she was visiting Grandma Karen so she missed them. Today was a day of batting practice, both with a tee and without.

These girls looked at Stephan like he was crazy when he told them they would be hitting off the tee. He got a lot of looks and even a few WHATS?.
I remember the day that my softball coach brought out the tee for us to use at practice. We all thought he was nuts! However our thoughts didn't matter, because we all had to use the tee before we could take our actual batting practice. I must say that even though I thought he was absolutely crazy for making high school girls use a tee, it taught us to keep our swing level and our eye on the ball and all become pretty darn good hitters.

I was very proud of her hitting. She did a great job.

She even hit it out to

these girls that were patiently waiting for the ball.
(Yes,they really did look this excited)

We too need to work on the excitement part of the game. All in all she did a great job and even had some fun. Gracie Rae, I can not wait to watch you improve each and every time, juststick with it and all of these "silly" hours of practice will pay off.
Watching her play really brings back some awesome memories and the itch to be playing myself. I may just have to dig out my glove again and see how I can help out next summer with these young girls. I think helping them would be a lot of fun and wonderful time spent with my daughter.


No comments:

Post a Comment