Sunday, June 27, 2010

Simply Beautiful - A Dumas Wedding

Gracie Rae and I are ready to go to another wedding!

Here she is... one of the most beautiful brides I have ever seen.
She was stunning and looked so happy.

Today June 26th, Casey Dumas and Sally McMahon were wed in a private ceremony.
Their colors were as bright and cheery as the day proved to be.

Gracie and I were joined at the reception by my two teaching partners....

Mrs. Holland

Mrs. Parker

Here we are the last of the fabulous four.
(Sally's first year at Central Cass included teaching Kindergarten with the three of us.)

Their first dance as Mr. and Mrs. Dumas

The cake was made out of miniature cupcakes that were set on top of decorative boxes leveled to make their cake. As Sally knows, when she told me her cake idea, I was more than a bit skeptical at what it would look like, but it turned out to be perfect! Well-done Sally!

Gracie and I stayed until about 11:00 and danced the night away. We even had a few extra friends that danced along with us. We had a blast together.

Did you take a double take at this photo, like I did when I saw this lady standing across the room? This was the first time I met Sally's sister, Kasey and I can honestly say they are as close to twins as they come. They look, talk, and even have the same mannerisms as each other. The world is very lucky to have these two girls in it. They truly light up a room with their smiles.

The Groom and the Mother of the Bride

Sally and her father

Here the entire Dumas family danced to none other than the song,
Dumas Walker, by the Kentucky Headhunters. It was awesome.

I have always had a feeling that Miss McMahon had a crazy side hidden deep down inside her and if she would just let loose it would sneek out. Boy, was I right. Sally and Kasey (her sister) had a special dance selected to bring their mom onto the dance floor. It was the funniest thing I have ever seen a bride do to her mom. They were hilarious and definitely were having fun. Their mom was such a good sport and held a smile on her face the entire time. Their dance was called "Girl Where Did You Get That Body From?" and it was dedicated their mom.

Mr. and Mrs. Dumas

I wish the two of you nothing but happiness in the years to come. I hope the memories you have of your special day stay in your hearts forever. Sally you looked simply stunning and did a marvelous job planning your wedding and reception. It was perfect from start to finish and I am honored that Gracie and I were able to celebrate with you.
I love you my dear Sally and pray for you a life as beautiful and wonderful as you. I am truly blessed to have you in my life and I hope to celebrate many more special days with you throughout the years to come.
Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Dumas
June 26, 2010

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely wonderful!!!
    Kasey - Sally's sister:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kasey. It was such a wonderful day and great party. I apologize for spelling your name incorrectly, I will change it right away.

    ReplyDelete