Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Bright Ray of Sunshine.

After a very long evening on Friday and long day on Saturday, this mommy enjoyed some quiet, relaxing time with the kids on this beautiful Sunday morning.

Gracie woke up first and was ready for the day. After flipping through the channels a few times she landed on a movie that she thought we would both enjoy. We snuggled up together on the couch sharing a cozy blanket (like Jaylen would say) and watched the movie. We laughed together enjoying some time without any of the boys. I am realizing that as she is getting older she is wanting more and more of this time as in reality it is harder to find the time. She is truly a gem, you just may have to brush the dust away and shine her up a bit more often.
Love ya Gracie Rae!

Next to wake was the little monster. He came down with a smile on his face and in a pretty good mood. I think he must have thought that he owed mommy a few quiet minutes after the last days events. Let's just say it was a very busy day. When our movie was over, Jay and I cuddled, after some cereal and played a little Team UmiZummi. I had never heard of this new sensation until a week ago when Auntie Jen stumbled across it on NIck Jr. Now it is Jaylen's favorite thing to do. He loves to play games on the computer too. When we were just about finished I turned to him and said, "I love you so much JayBird."
This was his response which made me realize that I may be doing something right.
"Mom, I know, you tell me everyday. I love you too Mama."
I just about melted.
Love ya bunches Jay Bird.

Throughout the day Jerrin just chilled. He played some computer games and and watched some tv. Although this may seem like we really didn't interact too much, the day was good for us too. You see Jerrin and I have not seen eye to eye lately and today it was just a regular day in which we did not fight or pull at each others hearts. We enjoyed watching him yesterday compete at the Mayville Pee Wee wrestling tournament. It is so much fun watching him , seeing him smile when he wins, and watching him improve each and every time he steps out onto the mat. Your third place finish Jerrin makes us all proud.


No comments:

Post a Comment