Sunday, March 21, 2010

Time for a change!!!

Here I am before..........

A few months back I received an invite to make an appointment with my cousin Alysha, at the SPA School (Salon Professional Academy) to get some mommy time and pamper myself just a little bit. Alysha is now on the floor taking appointments and making women beautiful. I finally decided that it was time for a change and who better to do it, then someone that was family and someone I was going to put my complete trust in. So......I made the call. I told Alysha that my head would be her canvas and that she could do anything that she wanted. The only guidelines I gave her were, that I wanted something easy, trendy, bold, and fun. I wanted a new color and maybe even some extra colors that would shine through.

When I got there she had a pretty good idea of what she wanted to do and had about three hours to do it. She had me approve the colors and she got right to work. I thoroughly enjoyed the time that we spent catching up together and sharing some old memories. You see, since our grandmother passed away about 7 years ago, we only see each other once a year, on Christmas Day. I am happy to say that I will now be seeing her at least every 6 weeks to have a touch up. I think that she did an amazing job and will be making women and men beautiful for many years.

As she was cutting my hair I really could not see anything with my glasses off so the whole major haircut thing was not bothering me too much. Until........she asked me if I wanted bangs. All I said was, "Remember this is your canvas and if you think it would look best, go for it." Well, the next thing I know I see a huge snip go past the side of my face. I immediately said, "Whoa, what was that?" The answer I received went like this..."Ummm, it was just a snip? Are you ok?" I had her measure the "snip" and she figured it was about 7 inches long. ARGHHHHH!!!! Can you believe it 7 inches just off of my bangs? Long story short she cut about 7 inches from my bangs and at least 12 inches off the back of my head to make this cut.

Drum roll pleassssssseeeee!!!!!!!!!

Ta Duh!!!!! Here she is the new mommy in our house.
Thank you Alysha for a beautiful cut and for such a wonderful, relaxing afternoon.
I Love It!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I never saw this post before, but I love it!! You look absolutely stunning with the new 'do! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete