Friday, March 26, 2010

The Prom????? NO just a day in the life.

Today was the final day of Reading Month Celebration and celebrate we did. We were asked to dress in our Red Carpet BEST, so we could walk the read carpet of the Reading Awards. This was such a fun day. We all had fun dressing up and looking like we were going to the prom. Even though both kids were more than a bit hesitant to get all dressed up and actullay walk around in their "fancy" clothes.

Gracie decided to wear the dress that I wore for my Junior Prom back in 1993. Yes, I am not kidding, this was the actual dress that I wore that year complete with gloves and silver sequenced shoes. I was so glad that she was able to get another wear out of the dress, since I do not think to this day, my dad knows how much we paid for it. Shhhhhh, thanks mom it will always be our secret. I do have to say as proud as I was to see my little girl in that dress, it was quite disheartening knowing that she is and people have changed! (THe dress was not altered in any way.

Jerrin has grown so much that he was not able to wear a shirt and tie,
but he did wear a dressy, comfortbale outfit. He looked so handsome! Even though on this photo he does not look to impressed.

Here are the kids together, both so happy to participating.
I was able to have quite the fashion show the night prior, to pick out my Read Carpet attire. Jen was home for the week, so I went down to Mom B's to check out the dress stash
that my sister-in-laws have gathered over the past few years. There were so many to choose from, but it was so fun and we had a couple good laughs at the style and of course the fit.

This is the dress we chose. Amy's Prom dress. I felt like a true princess ! I do have to say that it was quite a hit with my kindergarten class too. Thanks Jerrin and Gracie for taking this awesome photo with mom and for looking so stunning for our big walk of fame.
I hope you had a fun day like I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment