Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Happy Birthday Jerrin David

I was feeling just a little bit guilty about how we were going to celebrate Jerrin's big day, because it was not only the final day of Lent, but I also had grad class until 7:00, until I got a text from Grandma Colleen saying that she was making supper. Apparently, Jerrin and grandma had it all planned out in the morning when she called to wish him a Happy Birthday. I was also told that he had a date with her afterschool.

After class I came home to see a beautiful sight. The backyard was full of kids getting along and playing a little baseball. Our kids were all there along with a neighbor boy and they were having a blast.

Jay of course was in his own mode, playing in the sand and dirt.
He too was throughly enjoying himself.


Jerrin asked for an Angel Food cake for dessert with Strawberries and whip cream.
It just made me smile to see this cake at my son's birthday. You see, my Grandma Evelyn use to make an Angel Food cake for my dad's birthday every year (whether he wanted one or not) and ours too if we didn't have one yet. She always made birthdays so special.

Jerrin was decked out in some snazzy clothes, which I forgot to get a photo of.
He will be one stylin' kid this summer.

A new bike that he gets to pick out himself. Mom and Dad thought that it was time for him to have his own bike and not one passed down from John.

Guitar Hero for DS. He is really starting to play some rockin' tunes.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid books from his siblings. He really enjoys reading these books and may even realte with them a bit (if you know Jerrin at all, you will understand). The movie just came out a few weeks ago too and we loved it.

Sorry bad photo, but we had to include the photo of the Vikings golf supplies.

As the evening ended, everyone had a great time, but as you can see
some of us were ready to go home. This was probably the best photo we got, 5/6 looking at the camera isn't too bad.

All in all, we all had a great night. Thanks to these amazing grandparents for making Jerrin's birthday so very special. Thank you Colleen for supper and the cake.

A note from the birthday boy........
Grandma and grandpa thank you for the presents that you gave me and for spending time with me. Thank you for making exactly what I wanted for supper and for baking one of my favorite cakes...Angel Food with strawberries. You both are one of the best grandparents in the world. Please check out my Auntie Jen's blog to find out more about me and my special day.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I LOVE that you now share life with ME on the blog! I feel like I didn't even miss Jer's birthday at ALL!!!!

    I love the family photo - heck give yourself full credit - 5 out of 6 looking, AND with their eyes open!!! :) The crazy thing is how big everyone is getting... your family really fills a photo these days... can't zoom in quite as much. Where has the time gone??? I want our babies to still be babies.... am I out of luck???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog, Erin!!! It was a FUN day and sometimes life throws too many hurdles in the same day, but someone else just has to pick up the pieces if it is possible and all was well and enjoyed by all!! Love ya guys!!!

    ReplyDelete