Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What did he say????

Just wanted to share to see what other peoplethought of the comment that was made by you know who. Yeah you guessed it , Jaylen Drake. Tonight on our way home from supper, he was sitting in his seat beside Gracie and Jerrin while Dad and I were up front, when all of a sudden he burst out into song. As we listened closely we could make out this phrase....
"I do not like being a guy, I do not like being a guy."
When we heard this, after a couple chuckles of course, Joel quickly asked him, "Why do you not like being a guy Jaylen?
Jaylen replied with, "I like being a little boy, not a big kid. I want to be a little boy." He was so serious and adorable at the very same time.

Oh dear Jaylen, I wish you could understand, how important it is for you to to go through all of these learning processes to shape the person that you are going to be and that you can not stay little forever. Being a guy is not a bad thing and being a big boy is even better. You will love the changes and opportunities this newly developed skill will present to you. I am proud of you little man, but know that I truly wish that I could keep you little forever. You make my heart smile in so many different ways. I love you buddy.

1 comment:

  1. Note to self: Offer Jay a diaper for high school graduation and see if he STILL wants to be a little boy?!? :0) What a goof.

    ReplyDelete